Obtaining 3rd Party Software
[PREVIOUS] [TOP] [NEXT]
- Motif creates the VICAR windowing
environment. Motif comes with the Solaris, SGI-IRIX and the OpenVMS operating systems, but
not with the SunOS system.
- Multinet is
TCP/IP networking software for VMS machines.
- Kerberos is used for authentication. Kerberos comes with
Multinet for the Alpha. UNIX users often get. Kerberos as part of the Solaris operating system or can
obtain it from Cygnus. Foreign sites must acquire Kerberos (TBD). There are specific instructions for
configuring Keberos to use with MIPS software
- XRT, XRT-3d, XRT-graph and XRT-table are widgets for Motif used in
- Sybase is MIPS' database software, which uses SQL as a
- RogueWave is a C++ library needed to
compile, link and develop some VICAR software.
Next: Programs dependent on 3rd Party Software
Previous: Other Software Requirements
Top: VICAR Installation Table of Contents
Updated Tue May 6 11:09:50 1997
by Larry Bolef