Previous: Deprecated RTL Functionality Up: RTL Routine Changes Next: Property Labels
The following routines are obsolete and are no longer supported, even under
VMS. Some of them haven't been supported for a long time, but they were
- make_upper_case: This routine was never documented but was
available externally. It should only be an internal routine, and is not now
visible externally. Use appropriate SUBLIB routines to convert strings to
- print: This routine was supposed to print messages to the line
printer or operator console, but that was disabled long ago. It only printed
messages to the terminal. Replace by using x/ zvmessage.
- sfor2c: While a new routine of the same name exists, there are
enough changes in the calling sequence and rules of use to consider the old
one to be an obsolete routine. Any calls to sfor2c will have to be
- vic1lab: This routine has been moved to SUBLIB instead of the
RTL. It has some changes in the calling sequence as well.
- xvpinit: This routine has been replaced by zvpinit.
However, since it should only be called by the main include files and never
by applications, this should have no impact.
- xvprnt: Used only for debugging, it printed out the contents of
the internal file unit table. No longer supported.
- xvrecpar: This routine was used in conjunction with
xvcommand to get outputs from a procedure. Instead of calling the
sequence xvcommand, xvrecpar, now just call the single routine
x/ zvcmdout. Only one application ever used xvrecpar, and that has
been updated, so there should be no impact for this change.