VICAR Open Source Release 4
We are pleased to announce that the VICAR Open Source Core version 4.0 is now available.
This release includes:
For a full list of programs being released, click here.
- Pre-built binaries for 32-bit and 64-bit Linux (Red Hat RHEL 7.3) and macOS 64-bit.
- A Docker CentOS 7 image that runs the 64-bit Linux binaries (Java 1.8).
- A Docker CentOS 7 image preloaded with VOS 64-bit Linux (RHEL 7.3) using Java 1.8.
- 6 new application programs: avgpix, comprs, crosshair, medval, nimsr2iof, and sdsems
- 19 anomalies, 72 bug fixes/improvements. For a full list, click here.
VICAR Discussion Forum
We have set up a VICAR Open Source Google group, where you can find notifications of new releases, bug reports, and general discussion. You can join the group here.
VICAR can be obtained in two ways: via tarball download, or via github.com.
Note that for externals, in both the tarballs and the GitHub "external"
directory, you'll find one overall that contains all the platforms, as
well as separate ones for each platform. Externals are 3rd party packages that are required to run VICAR. See section 2 of the Building VICAR document for more information. You need only the one that
applies to your machine type.
VICAR 4.0 Binary Release: https://github.com/NASA-AMMOS/VICAR/releases/tag/4.0
- The VICAR installation guide can be found here.
- The VICAR quick-start guide can be found here.
Back to main VICAR Page