VICAR Getting Started Guide
VICAR Build Guide
VICAR File Format
VICAR Run-Time Library Reference Manual
VICAR Porting Guide
Building and Delivering
VRDI User's Reference Guide, Version 3
VICAR Open Source Release 3
We are pleased to announce that the VICAR Open Source Core version 3.0 is now available.
This release includes:
For a full list of programs being released click here
- Pre-built binaries for 32- and 64-bit Linux(Red Hat 7.3) and Mac OS X 64-bit.
- A Docker Centos7 image that runs the 64-bit Linux binaries.
- 24 new application programs:
classifier, clusterer, denoisetv, destripe, file2tcl, gamma, gtigeolo, gtlabfix, horizon, ibisclst2, ibisclst3, mooresc, randpixel, rgb2ish, sampler, sc2rpc, scinterp, shadow, shp2rast, tclmath, wedge, wnr2005, xyzpic2, zipcol2
- 4 new application programs were added in Vicar Open Source Core version 2.0 but were not listed previously: getzval, gtappend, gtmss, vtiff3o
- 13 anomalies, 27 bug fixes/improvements.
- The .com files for GUI,P1,P2,P3 have been unpacked and the .com files have been eliminated. There is a subdirectory per application, with all of that application's files.
- A new plugin that enables GDAL reading and writing of VICAR image files.
- New Use Case Examples:
- Landsat 7 Mosaic
- SRTM Mosaic
- Landsat 8 Multi-Spectral Analysis
- Landsat 8 Pan Sharpening
- Using ISIS with VICAR to Process Galileo Europa Imagery
- Neptune’s Satellite Proteus
VICAR Discussion Forum
We have set up a VICAR Open Source Google group, where you can find notifications of new releases, bug reports, and general discussion. You can join the group here.
VICAR can be obtained in two ways: via tarball download, or via github.com.
Note that for externals, in both the tarballs and the github "external"
directory, you'll find one overall that contains all the platforms, as
well as separate ones for each platform. Externals are 3rd party packages that are required to run VICAR. See section 2 of the Building VICAR document for more information. You need only the one that
applies to your machine type.
VICAR 3.0 Binary Release: https://github.com/nasa/VICAR/releases/tag/3.0
- The VICAR installation guide can be found here.
- The VICAR quick-start guide can be found here.
Back to main VICAR Page