VICAR Open Source
We are pleased to announce that the VICAR Core is now available in Open
This release includes:
For a full list of programs being released click here
- Almost 350 application programs
- Command-line parsing (shell) and optional environment (TAE)
- VICAR-format image I/O library
- Both C/C++/Fortran and Java versions
- File Format Conversion (transcoder)
- Convert between most common file formats
- Including VICAR, PDS, ISIS, FITS
- Preserves metadata
- xvd image display program
- IBIS (Image-Based Information System) for tabular data
- Efficient handling of large data sets
For details of the release in the VICAR presentation from the 2nd Planetary Data Workshop in Flagstaff, AZ in June 2015 click here
VICAR Discussion Forum
We have set up a VICAR Open Source Google group, where you can find notifications of new releases, bug reports, and general discussion. You can join the group here.
VICAR can be obtained in two ways: via tarball download, or via github.com.
Note that for externals, in both the tarballs and the github "external"
directory, you'll find one overall that contains all the platforms, as
well as separate ones for each platform. Externals are 3rd party packages that are required to run VICAR. See section 2 of the Building VICAR document for more information. You need only the one that
applies to your machine type.
VICAR 2.0 Binary Release: https://github.com/nasa/VICAR/releases/tag/2.0
Back to main VICAR Page